RIDCC accepts duets of maximum 12 minutes length only. Please read the requirements closely to have your entry accepted.
1. Choreographers may participate in the competition with a duet piece that is presented either as a premiere or hasn’t been performed on stage for the first time before March 2016. The duration of the performance can’t be longer then 12 minutes. The choreographies should be developed along the lines of a contemporary movement-language. The applicant is free in choice of subject and music. The piece may be interpreted by the choreographer him/herself.
2. The application must be filed in online before 1 April 2018, 12.00 o’clock midnight CET and is only complete with sending an online link to the choreographic work (also rehearsal) which shall be presented at the festival. Only complete applications which are handed in within the deadline are considered.
3. There is no entrance fee. A pre-jury consisting out of five jury members will select the choreographers and dancers to participate in the competition. Admission to the competition is subject to the pre-jury consent. The successful choreographers and dancers will receive an invitation by 15 April at the latest. The competitors must confirm acceptance by 22 April 2018. If the competitors do not accept in time, the invitation will become invalid.
4. Competitors are obliged to be available for performances on the three festival days. In consideration with us it can also be two festival days (Friday 22 and Saturday 23 June). They agree to be available for rehearsals, interviews, recordings and photos free of charge.
5. The first round decisions of the competition will take place on Friday evening by international jury. The final will be held on Saturday evening. The decision of the jury concerning the nomination for the final will be announced on Friday evening. The finalists will again present their piece on Saturday. All participants will stay until the end of the festival as finalist and semi finalist can receive a production award prize.
6. The decision of the jury is final. If a competitor is a student or company member of one of the jurors, the particular juror will withhold his vote
7. The participants will be accommodated at the loft of the King Kong Hostel which will be shared with other participants. The organizer takes care of the hotel costs (incl. breakfast) and pays a subsidy of max. 150 euro towards the travel expenses per person.
8. Technical data – Semi-final – kleine zaal Theater Rotterdam Schouwburg. black dance floor; black curtain: backdrop black or grey stonewall. Final – Grote zaal Theater Rotterdam Schouwburg.
9.The company award prizes will be handed out by and chosen by the director of each company. The aim is to give away each company award to the choreographer they choose and find suitable for there company. If they do not find a match for there company then it is not guaranteed that the company awards will be giving away.
10. The jury will chose the finalists and the 1st, 2nd and 3d prize and the XL production award. All these awards will be giving away on saturday 23 June 2018.
11. The content of the website can be changed at any time.
If you have any questions concerning your application, please contact us.