RIDCC accepts duets ( 2 persons on stage ) with minimum 7 – maximum 12 minutes length only.
Please read the requirements closely to have your entry accepted.
- RIDCC is open for all styles!
- Choreographers may participate in the competition with a duet piece (a max of two performers on stage) that hasn’t been performed on stage for the first time before March 2018. The duration of the performance can’t be longer than 12 minutes. The applicant is free in choice of subject and music. The piece may be interpreted by the choreographer him/herself.
- The video can be a rehearsal video or a performance video. The video can be cut and edited.
- Please cut and edit your video to the desired length. This means not sending in duets of more than 13 minutes.
- The application must be filled in online before 1 March 2021, 23.59 o’clock midnight CET and is only complete with sending an online link with the choreographic work which shall be presented at the festival. Only complete applications which are handed in within the deadline are considered.
- There is no entrance fee. A pre-jury, consisting out of 5 pre-jury members, will select the choreographers to participate in the competition. Admission to the competition is subject to the pre-jury consent. The successful choreographers will receive an invitation by phone by 2 April 2021 at the latest. The competitors must confirm acceptance by 10 April 2020. If the competitors do not accept in time, the invitation will expire.
- Competitors are obliged to be available for performances and lighting rehearsals on 23 June 2021 and on the three festival days from 24-26 June 2021. They agree to be available for rehearsals, interviews, recordings, meeting with sponsors and photos free of charge. The lighting day on 23 June is negotiable if you really cannot attend.
- The first round decisions of the competition will take place on Thursday and Friday evening in Theater Rotterdam. The final will be held on Saturday evening in Theater Rotterdam(grote zaal). The decision of the jury concerning the nomination for the final will be announced on Friday evening. The finalists will again present their piece on Saturday. All participants will stay until the end of the festival as finalists and semi finalists can receive a Partner Award.
- The decision of the jury is final. If a competitor is a student or company member of one of the jurors, the particular juror will withhold his vote.
- The participants will be accommodated at a Hostel which will be shared with other participants. The organizer takes care of the hostel costs (incl. breakfast) and pays a subsidy of max. 200 euro towards the travel expenses per person for all participants (for dancers and choreographers, not for assistants or managers).
- Technical data – Semi-final – kleine zaal Theater Rotterdam Schouwburg. black dance floor; black curtain: backdrop black or grey stonewall. Final – Grote zaal Theater Rotterdam Schouwburg. Please use as few props and decor as possible and bring the music on a USB stick.
- When using props and decor. You are responsible for bringing and taking care of your own props and decor.
- The Partner Awards will be handed out by and chosen by the director of each company. The aim is to give away each Partner Award to the choreographer they choose and find suitable for their company. If they do not find a match for their company then it is not guaranteed that the Partner Awards will be given away.
- The jury will choose the finalists and the winner of the XL Production Award.
- The Partner Awards and the XL Production Award will be given away at the festive award ceremony on Saturday 26 June 2021. All participants must attend this ceremony as finalists and semi finalists can receive a Partner Award.
- The content of the website can be changed at any time.
- Music licensing will be organised by the participants.
- All participants will stay until the end of the festival as finalists and semi finalists can receive a Partner Award.
- RIDCC finds it important that, in addition to the competition, the choreographers are assisted in their development as choreographer, maker and as human beings. Therefore RIDCC offers various peripheral programming. RIDCC appreciates that the workshops are attended.
- COVID-19: If the corona measures are still in effect by RIDCC 2021, there is a chance that RIDCC 2021 will become a digital edition. The selected participants will be informed of this decision by the 2th of april and can then decide before April 10, 2021 whether they participate in the digital edition of RIDCC 2021.
- COVID-19: If we can organize a physical edition at Theater rotterdam but corona measures still occur by the time of RIDCC 2021. RIDCC will unfortunately not be able to arrange accommodation in a hostel for the participants. Ridcc will provide a small compensation for the costs incurred for the overnight stay of the participants.
- COVID-19: All purchased flights must be booked with cancellation insurance due to COVID-19.
- COVID-19: If the digital version of RIDCC would take place all choreographers will receive a financial subsidy to make a dance movie of the chosen duet. This gives every choreographer the opportunity and equality to show the duet in its most supreme quality and potential. This brings equal chances, between duets, for winning prizes.
- COVID-19: If the digital version of RIDCC would take place the subsidy of max. 200 euro towards the travel expenses per person for all participants (for dancers and choreographers, not for assistants or managers) will not take place.
The XL Production Award winner(s) agree(s) with :
- You are obliged to submit a short projectplan and target planning for the XL production, in collaboration with the production house, towards RIDCC at email@example.com within one month after the third edition of RIDCC (before 15-07-2020).
- The main prize of a € 100.000 will not be paid in cash, but will be managed by Theater Rotterdam in consultation with the winners. The prize will give the winners the opportunity to create a choreography-production (full length) in the Netherlands at Theater Rotterdam.
- Theater Rotterdam follows Dutch law and the Collective Labor Agreement for Theater and Dance. Theater Rotterdam has the last say when it comes to rewarding and paying expenses and fees related to the production and entering into other obligations with (financial) consequences.
- The XL Production Award is meant to stimulate the Dutch dance field in an international context. Therefore we want to stimulate that all of the dancers/cast participating in the production should live in the Netherlands at the moment of the production. Auditions will be held at Theater Rotterdam.
- Target planning of the XL Production Award :
- Rehearsing, March, April 2021
- Premiere: the premiere will be in May 2021 at the Kleine Zaal of Theater Rotterdam
- Tour season 2021/2022
If you have any questions concerning your application, please contact us.