REGISTRATION FOR RIDCC 2020 IS CLOSED
RIDCC accepts duets with minimum 7 – maximum 12 minutes length only.
Please read the requirements closely to have your entry accepted.
- Choreographers may participate in the competition with a duet piece (a max of two performers on stage) that is presented either as a premiere or hasn’t been performed on stage for the first time before March 2018. The duration of the performance can’t be longer than 12 minutes. The applicant is free in choice of subject and music. The piece may be interpreted by the choreographer him/herself.
- The application must be filed in online before 1 March 2020, 23.59 o’clock midnight CET and is only complete with sending an online link with the choreographic work (also rehearsal) which shall be presented at the festival. Only complete applications which are handed in within the deadline are considered.
- There is no entrance fee. A pre-jury consisting out of six jury members will select the choreographers and dancers to participate in the competition. Admission to the competition is subject to the pre-jury consent. The successful choreographers and dancers will receive an invitation by phone by 1 April 2020 at the latest. The competitors must confirm acceptance by 10 April 2020. If the competitors do not accept in time, the invitation will expire.
- Competitors are obliged to be available for performances and lighting rehearsals on 10 June 2020 and on the three festival days from 11-13 June 2020. They agree to be available for rehearsals, interviews, recordings, meeting with sponsors and photos free of charge.
- The first round decisions of the competition will take place on Thursday and Friday evening in Theater Rotterdam Schouwburg (kleine zaal). The final will be held on Saturday evening in Theater Rotterdam Schouwburg (grote zaal). The decision of the jury concerning the nomination for the final will be announced on Friday evening. The finalists will again present their piece on Saturday. All participants will stay until the end of the festival as finalists and semi finalists can receive a Partner Award.
- The decision of the jury is final. If a competitor is a student or company member of one of the jurors, the particular juror will withhold his vote.
- The participants will be accommodated at a Hostel which will be shared with other participants. The organizer takes care of the hostel costs (incl. breakfast) and pays a subsidy of max. 200 euro towards the travel expenses per person for all participants (for dancers and choreographers, not for assistants or managers)
- Technical data – Semi-final – kleine zaal Theater Rotterdam Schouwburg. black dance floor; black curtain: backdrop black or grey stonewall. Final – Grote zaal Theater Rotterdam Schouwburg. Please use as few props and decor as possible and bring the music on a USB stick.
- When using props and decor. You are responsible for bringing and taking care of your own props and decor.
- The Partner Awards will be handed out by and chosen by the director of each company. The aim is to give away each Partner Award to the choreographer they choose and find suitable for their company. If they do not find a match for their company then it is not guaranteed that the Partner Awards will be given away.
- The jury will choose the finalists and the winner of the XL Production Award.
- The Partner Awards and the XL Production Award will be given away on the festive award ceremony on Saturday 13 June 2020. All participants must attend this ceremony as finalists and semi finalisst can receive a Partner Award.
- The content of the website can be changed at any time.
- Music licensing will be organised by the participants.
The XL Production Award winner(s) agree(s) with :
- You are obliged to submit a short projectplan and target planning for the XL production, in collaboration with the production house, towards RIDCC at email@example.com within one month after the third edition of RIDCC (before 15-07-2020).
- The main prize of a € 100.000 will not be paid in cash, but will be managed by Theater Rotterdam in consultation with the winners. The prize will give the winners the opportunity to create a choreography-production (full length) in the Netherlands at Theater Rotterdam.
- Theater Rotterdam follows Dutch law and the Collective Labor Agreement for Theater and Dance. Theater Rotterdam has the last say when it comes to rewarding and paying expenses and fees related to the production and entering into other obligations with (financial) consequences.
- The XL Production Award is meant to stimulate the Dutch dance field in an international context. Therefore we want to stimulate that all of the dancers/cast participating in the production should live in the Netherlands at the moment of the production. Auditions will be held at Theater Rotterdam.
- Target planning of the XL Production Award :
- Rehearsing, March, April 2021
- Premiere: the premiere will be in May 2021 at the Kleine Zaal of Theater Rotterdam
- Tour season 2021/2022
If you have any questions concerning your application, please contact us.