Registration for the 2019 competition is closed!
RIDCC accepts duets with minimum 7 – maximum 12 minutes length only. Please read the requirements closely to have your entry accepted.
1. Choreographers may participate in the competition with a duet piece that is presented either as a premiere or hasn’t been performed on stage for the first time before March 2017. The duration of the performance can’t be longer then 12 minutes. The applicant is free in choice of subject and music. The piece may be interpreted by the choreographer him/herself.
2. The application must be filed in online before 1 March 2019, 12.00 o’clock midnight CET and is only complete with sending an online link to the choreographic work (also rehearsal) which shall be presented at the festival. Only complete applications which are handed in within the deadline are considered.
3. There is no entrance fee. A pre-jury consisting out of five jury members will select the choreographers and dancers to participate in the competition. Admission to the competition is subject to the pre-jury consent. The successful choreographers and dancers will receive an invitation by 1 April 2019 at the latest. The competitors must confirm acceptance by 10 April 2019. If the competitors do not accept in time, the invitation will become invalid.
4. Competitors are obliged to be available for performances on 26 June 2019 and on the three festival days from 27-29 June 2019. They agree to be available for rehearsals, interviews, recordings and photos free of charge.
5. The first round decisions of the competition will take place on Thursday and Friday evening in Theater Rotterdam Schouwburg (kleine zaal) by international jury. The final will be held on Saturday evening in Theater Rotterdam Schouwburg (grote zaal). The decision of the jury concerning the nomination for the final will be announced on Friday evening. The finalists will again present their piece on Saturday. All participants will stay until the end of the festival as finalist and semi finalist can receive a production award prize.
6. The decision of the jury is final. If a competitor is a student or company member of one of the jurors, the particular juror will withhold his vote.
7. The participants will be accommodated at the loft of the King Kong Hostel which will be shared with other participants. The organizer takes care of the hotel costs (incl. breakfast) and pays a subsidy of max. 250 euro towards the travel expenses per person.
8. Technical data – Semi-final – kleine zaal Theater Rotterdam Schouwburg. black dance floor; black curtain: backdrop black or grey stonewall. Final – Grote zaal Theater Rotterdam Schouwburg. Please use as few props and decor as possible and bring the music on a USB stick.
9. The company award prizes will be handed out by and chosen by the director of each company. The aim is to give away each company award to the choreographer they choose and find suitable for there company. If they do not find a match for there company then it is not guaranteed that the company awards will be giving away.
10. The jury will chose the finalists and the XL production award. All these awards will be giving away on Saturday 29 June 2019.
11. The content of the website can be changed at any time.
If you have any questions concerning your application, please contact us.